The Dixon Police Department will be testing for a Hiring Eligibility List on October 15, 2016. If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please read the information below. It outlines all requirements and instructions.
POLICE OFFICER MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
• $25.00 non-refundable application fee
• U.S. Citizenship
• High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
• Valid Driver’s License
• 21 to under 35 years of age on September 16, 2016
• Residency within 12.5 miles from the City of Dixon within six (6) months of date of hire
• Valid POWER test card or valid CPAT certification dated within six (6) months prior to date of October 15, 2016. Cards valid if issued between April 15, 2016 – October 15, 2016. Cards are accepted from all licensed agencies.
• Completion and submission of an online application and required documents by 2:00 PM on September 16, 2016
1) Visit recruitment.iosolutions.com to complete the online application for the position of Police Officer. Applications must be confirmed by Friday, September 16, 2016 at 2:00 PM. You will receive a confirmation number immediately; save this number for your records.
2) Return signed release forms and required documents (see check list on IOSolutions website) before Thursday, September 16, 2016 at 2:00 PM to IOS Recruitment (1127 S. Mannheim Rd., Suite 203, Westchester, IL 60154, Attn: DPD). Application documents received after 2:00 p.m. on September 16, 2016 will not be accepted. Faxed release forms will not be accepted. Documents may be delivered by hand during business hours.
3) Attend Written Exam and Physical Agility Test on October 15, 2016 at Dixon Police Department, 220 S. Hennepin Avenue, Dixon, IL 61021. Registration begins at 7:30 AM and testing will immediately follow. Arrive at 7:30 AM with valid Driver’s License or State ID to sign in. Physical Agility Testing is at 8 a.m. and Written Exam will immediately follow. *YOU MUST BRING YOUR PHYSICAL FITNESS CERTIFICATE SIGNED BY A PHYSICIAN (MD/DO) TO TEST DAY.
Successful candidates will be contacted to participate in Oral Interviews. Candidates will be required to submit to a polygraph at time of conditional offer. All portions of the testing process are mandatory. Failure to attend and complete any portion of the process will result in elimination from employment consideration.