2014 is going to be a year of great progress and change in the City of Dixon. Here are goals and opportunities, when realized, that will enhance our quality of life and demonstrate that Dixon is one of the most progressive cities in the State of Illinois. If you are interested in getting involved in any one of these endeavors or supporting, please contact me at City Hall. Thank you.
Mayor Jim G. Burke
• Complete Central Business District streetscape project
• Raise $200,000 for bronze Reagan lifeguard statue in Lowell Park and start construction. Click here to view the concept drawing of the Reagan Statue.
• Continue expanded street repaving program under Street Commissioner Jeff Kuhn
• Obtain national designation of being a bike friendly community by the League of American Bicyclists
• Conduct independent review and analysis of City's financial control system.
• Complete 5-year strategic plan by elected and appointed officials
• Seek and obtain public support for a first-class waterpark incorporated into Veterans Memorial Pool
• Complete the merger of the Riverfront Commission and Dixon Main Street
• Continue prudent financial management policy and efficient operation of City departments by professional, well-trained employees
• Replace the soil and restart the petunia planting program along the arterial streets through the City of Dixon
• Create a City Council appointed task force to develop a master plan for growing the population
• Create a City Council appointed task force to work with the Airport Board to develop a comprehensive master plan for Walgreen Field
• Continue to financially support LCIDA, Dixon Main Street, The Next Picture Show Fine Arts Center and Dixon Tourism
• Work with Main Street, the Historic Dixon Theatre and other groups to make Dixon a mecca for the performing arts in Northern Illinois
• Develop an innovative entrepreneurship support program for high school students, adults and new startup businesses
• Adopt a code of ethics for the City Council, appointed board members and all City employees
• Redecorate City Hall and design and construct exterior signage
• Refurbish the Galena Avenue bridge railings and street light poles under the direction of Commissioner Brechon