The Dixon Police Department is currently investigating multiple complaints of Burglary to Motor Vehicles in the Dixon area. Reports from concerned citizens in regards to suspicious individuals entering vehicles have been made, and items of value have been reported stolen. The Dixon Police Department has gathered evidence and received several tips in conjunction with the burglaries, and follow up investigations are currently in progress.
The Dixon Police Department would like to remind citizens of the following information and tips regarding car burglaries:
- LOCK all vehicle doors upon exiting your vehicle.
- It is extremely rare for a suspect to damage your vehicle during a car burglary.
- Most suspects will continue on to the next vehicle if your vehicle doors are LOCKED.
- Remove valuable items from your vehicle.
- Attempt to park your vehicle in a well lit location.
- Install an alarm system in your vehicle.
- If you park your vehicle in a garage LOCK all entry doors and windows to the garage.
- Should you notice your vehicle has been burglarized please notify authorities immediately.
- Refrain from touching items of possible evidentiary value.
The Dixon Police Department is encouraging anyone having additional information in regards to the investigations contact the police department, and may even do so anonymously if preferred. Chief Langloss would like to remind citizens to contact the Dixon Police Department at 815-288-4411 or Crimestoppers at 1-888-Caught-U (1-888-228-4488) with information about any other suspicious activity. Information leading to an arrest may be eligible for a reward up to $1,000.00.
All suspects are innocent until proven guilty.